12 May 2013

What I Did This Sunday

Sunshine in London is always a bit of a rarity so you have to be on your toes and make the most of it every time this phenomenon occurs! Today I did my first longer run since the marathon two weeks ago, banking a neat 13 miles. The legs felt pretty good for most of the run, it was only the last few kilometers that reminded me off the last few days escapades.

I ran up along the lovely River Lea, passing Victoria park, the Olympic Park, Hackney Marshes, Springfield Marina and the rowers before turning back. It wasn't hot but I could probably have done with bringing some water with me but as usual I was to lazy to bother. I still haven't found a fluid belt I'm really happy with hence my reluctance to bring water -  it's just so damn uncomfortable running with the one I have and too warm to bring my running back pack and the water pouch. First world problems, I know....

No comments:

Post a Comment