24 May 2013

Today I Did Well

I Ran:

Pyramid intervalls! After yesterday's 1am finish at work and the missed dinner (I don't do missed meals, but operating theatres doesn't take that into account) I didn't know how much energy I'd have today but I did a decent set set of intervals. I paced myself at 4.17min/k and ran 1 - 2 - 3 -2 -1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 1 minute(s) with equal rest inbetween. I didn't feel invincible, but I felt strong enough to think of it as a  good session.

I Swam:

1 kilometer! Not only did I miss dinner yesterday due to finishing late at work, I also missed swim club. I decided to make up for it today by doing some swimming - and I felt great! I almost felt like a real swimmer, doing 2x 400metres and 1x 200metres front crawl with 2 laps of backstroke in between. For the first time ever I felt like I could have swum for ages and ages without my breathing giving up on me, and it felt like a real victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment