9 May 2013

Walk Like John Wayne.

That's what I'm going to be doing tomorrow, I can feel it already. In a sudden spur of energy early this morning I loaded on some extra weight on the bar and lunged like my life depended on it - that's the effect instructor Roo has got on you. She brings out the competitive streak in me (easily done, I'm fiercly competitive), making me challenge myself everyday but still with a smile on my face. I know it's not 'politically correct' to like Body Pump but for me personally Body Pump has made me enjoy lifting weights - and that has got to count for something.

As much as I love running/cycling, feeling completely exhausted after a session, working hard to take control or your laboured breathing and your pounding heart, there's a different sense of satisfaction after a proper tough weight session.....the way that the muscles burn and shake almost uncontrollaby. The sense of triumph when you can lift heavier than before, not to mention when you look yourself in the mirror and find a new muscles!

Tonight I'm knackered, partly from today's weight session, but mainly because work's been long and hard these last three days. I'm off tomorrow so tonight I'm allowing myself to properly unwind with a glass of wine, some chocolate and the glorious band Bastille.

No comments:

Post a Comment