30 May 2013

Don't Be Too Hard On Yourself



You know how I was talking about commitment, dedication and putting in some serious effort this morning? Well, while I stand by all of that I also have another message to you guys - don't be too hard of yourself!

Tonight I was meant to head to swim practice but after a very hectic day (and a hard Body Pump session this morning!) it felt like I needed nothing more than to hit the sofa and stay there for the rest of the night - so that's what I did! A few years ago I might have felt guilty about ditching a planned workout session but as I've gotten older and wiser I know that you just can't be too hard on yourself. You need to listen to your body and not push yourself too hard. Yes  you should be diciplined and out in some effort but you shouldn't drain yourself either. To keep energy and motivation levels up you need to get some rest and relaxation. Watch rubbish telly, eat some ice cream and before you know it you'll be going like a boeing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment