22 May 2013

'How Do You Find Time To Run?'


That's what one of my colleagues asked me today and the only thing I had to say to her was that you have to prioritise. I don't find time, I make time- We all have 24 hours a day, so you need to chose how to spend them. I may spend a lot of hours at work each week so my training is fitted in before or after work (I'm known to run intervals at 6am before a 12 hour shift) and the days I'm off my training takes up a lot of the time. Some people enjoy going shopping on their days off, I enjoy going to the gym.

If you want results, you're going to have to work for them. You're going to have to prioritize the gym and healthy eating, you're going to have to make it a lifestyle. That doesn't mean you have to be a slave to the gym but it does mean that if you spend more time at the pub than in the gym then you can guess the result. Eat well and exercise and you'll be a more energized person. Stop taking shortcuts and making excuses, you chose the person you want to be.

In June I'm prioritizing myself and my training, and have booked myself for a training week at Playitas Resort. I'm going to log some training hours and fill up on Vitamin D. What do you prioritize?

No comments:

Post a Comment