24 May 2013

Fake It 'Til You Make It

Lately I've come to the conclusion that I'm a bit of a fake when it comes to blogging about training, fitness and exercising. I do a lot of training, I race and it's a passion but there's a few things that stops me from being a fully fledged fitspo blogger....:

1. I eat sweets. Yup, and I love it - I love chocolate, I love pick 'n mix and two of my best friends are called Ben & Jerry.  I know there are additives and rubbish in sweets and ice cream but I think you can eat everything in moderation.

2. I drink alcohol - and not only a 'good glass of red' with my food. I love going to a proper rock gig and having a few pints, or going out drinking tequila shots with my good friends. You only live once!



3. I don't eat raw food or paleo. Well, I do eat some food that's raw but I'm not a convert to the Church of Raw and although I like the 'eat clean' mantra of paleo I'm not obssessing about it. I like my food to be cooked, and I don't really care if it's better for you to eat like we did in the stone age (not that we're really sure what we did eat, anyway....).



4. My blog isn't filled with selfie pictures I've taken of myself in the gym locker room. I sometime put a picture up of myself because that's what you 'should do' but I don't get much enjoyment from a seeing myself posing in gym kit. Lycra ain't a flattering fabric....

5. I don't do yoga. In fact, I'm pretty much as flexible as an iron rod. I see pictures of people in all sorts of impossible positions and I have to say I don't know if I think any human was ever meant to be that flexible...


There you go, I'm a big fake - but I can still run 26.2 miles in less than 3 hours and 45 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment