22 Mar 2013

On My iPod At The Moment....


Apart from being a proper exercise nerd I also love music. Countless hours have been spent at festivals such as Glastonbury and various concerts with former and current favourite bands, not to mention how many hours a day that are spent with a pair of headphones plugged into my ears. I will now let you take part of a snapshot from my iPod....but beware, some guilty pleasures will feature!

1. All The Time - The Strokes. My longstanding favourite band, and responsible for my all time faourite concert experience (Dingwalls, a 500 capacity venue, on June 9th 2010).
2. The Rat - The Walkmen. Top quality live band
3. Vampire Weekend - A Punk. Classic Indie tune, never fails to lift my mood., reminding me of a fantastic Glastonbury 2010.
4. Bastille - Of The Night. Fantastic cover from an up and coming band Bastille.
5. Heart + Soul - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Yet another favourite band, and a fantastic song for running long intervals. 6 minutes of pure rock.
5. Sick Sick Sick - Queens of the Stone Age. My second favourite band, and with added vocals from Julian Casablancas from The Strokes (you just cam't go wrong with that).
6. The Girls - Calvin Harris. Calvin is one of my big time guilty pleasures
7. Blue Blood - Foals.  Mesmerizing long run material.
8. Right Where It Belongs - Nine Inch Nails. If you've ever been on a rainy run through a dark London, listening to this song, then you'll have experienced something a little bit special.
9. Everyday - Eric Prydz. I've been at some pretty great 2 hour spin sessions feauturing this song, with the lights turned down and a class of 45 cyclists silently pounding the pedals...magic!
10. I Only Want You - Eagles of Death Metal. Short and sweet, perfect for a short, high paced, interval!
11. Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia. Try and run a bad interval while listening to this tune....I dare you!
12. Slowdance - E-Talking. Works equally good at a late night rave as in the gym. Believe  me, I've tried both.
13. New Lands  - Justice . Loving the mix between EDM and The Who, perfect for running. Just...perfect.
14. All My Life - Foo Fighters. The drive is just made for some high intensity interval training. You know, the kind of training that jellifies muscles and have the lactic acid burning in every single muscle you have.
15. Language - Porter Robinson. Yet another almost perfect spin cycling song, for those indoor road cycling experiences.
16. Still Life - The Horrors. Probably one of my favourite stretch songs, ever. The soundscape is just amazing!
17. Hawaiian Air - Friendly Fires. If you don't want to move when you hear this song there must be something wrong with you...
18. Groove Me - Maximum Balloon. Pretty great cool down song, for those times when you feel like you're invincible.
19. Devil Town - Bright Eyes . Just...beautiful.
20. Sleep Alone - Two Door Cinema Club. For your tempo runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment