15 Jan 2013

Pump it!

I know, I know, I know...it's not politically correct to really like pump...it is, after all, 'not real weight training'. Or at least that what you hear people say. I say each to their own, and I happen to quite like body pump - it's a good complement to my running and cycling. One thing that i do find though it that most people (girls) in a class seem to have the same weight on their bars week in and week out. There's no challenging themselves, which is what you have to do to get better/stronger/fitter. Yes, you run the risk of 'failing' but you also have the chance to improve and prove to yourself that you can do it! I am no Arnold Schwarzenegger but every now and then I try and challenge myself. On this current release I add, in the backtrack, 2.5 kg to my 20kg during the first break. Soon I hope to be able to have those 22.5kg on my bar throughout the track. A while now I have also put on 20kg on my bar for chest, but have had to take off 2.5kg during the break/rest to be able to finish the track - but not today! Today I did the whole chest track with 20kg and yes, it was hard, but I did it! I went to work with slightly more spring in my step and despite having to do 5.5 hours of overtime I was still pretty chuffed by the time I came home.


No comments:

Post a Comment