18 Mar 2013

Give Yourself A Break


Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. ~Ovid
 
Today I'm resting. Although my body feels good I know that running 32 kilometres is a bit of a strain on your body so today I'm resting and recovering, preparing my body for future challenges, refuelling  and assuring that all my training will get good results. When marathon training it's easy to get caught up in it, constantly pushing yourself to train the best you can so to be well prepared on the big day but resting is essential and should be as highly prioritized as the training. Don't get any unnecessary injuries because you push yourself to hard. Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live, and no marathon in the world is worth risking its health for.

What with London being grey, dull and rainy it's good to be reminded that the world is beautiful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment