4 Jul 2013

Do The Shuffle

Yup, today I'm shuffling around like an octogenarian. Yesterday's 26 mile cycle ride combined with an hour of Hot Power Yoga have put its marks on my body - especially my glutes, hamstrings and back muscles. I.Bloody.Ache! Today I did a Body Pump session, which I probably wouldn't have done if I'd realised just how sore I really am....tomorrow it's safe to say I'm resting.

So how was the Hot Power Yoga? I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would and I was way more flxible than I'd ever imagined to be! The centre was welcoming and teacher was good, explaning each exercise and giving us alternatives to the more advanced ones. I did find the class to be slightly more advanced than I thought it'd be and I could have done with a slightly slower pace at the class, to really nail the poses but after an hour I did get into a flow, I might do the beginners workshop and intro course to get a better foundation for my practice and then be able to go to the yoga classes my gym offers....but I don't think I'll ever be a yoga fanatic.

The cycling I did on the other hand made me fall in love with cycling all over again....I kept a good pace and both the legs and the bike responded well! I now feel a lot better about the Ride London relay race but I will have to do a lot of cycling when home in Sweden at the end of July

No comments:

Post a Comment