6 Apr 2013

Anxiety Girl

'Don't panic! Most importantly you are ready for the marathon (you have been for months), you can do this. Look after your body and approach your recovery in the same disciplined way you've approached your training.'
 
 
After having a total freakout about my (non-existant) marathon training yesterday I today woke up to a message from my very wise friend Zoe. As much as I'm disciplined with my training, I'm not quite as disciplined with my rest and recovery.... But that is now exactly what I have to be. I have to put away all the doubt and fears and have faith in the training I've done over the winter and just focus on getting well. Yesterday I was feeling absolutely rubbish but today I am feeling slightly more on the mend, which is why I have to be disciplined and stay resting. I'm in this for the long run and that's what I have to keep in mind, stupitidy can't risk that.
 
So what am I doing today then? I think I'm going to watch rubbish TV, eat ice cream (it's allowed when you're ill....) and not think about my marathon at all.
 
This is me in a nutshell....


No comments:

Post a Comment