25 Apr 2013

....And Now We Wait.



Yesterday I did my last run before the marathon, an easy 8k. Today I did a last Body Pump session. Tomorrow and Saturday I'll be resting and fuelling. Training is now done and there's nothing more you can do about it. You start getting nervous about tripping over and spraining your ankle, you start agonizing about what to eat and what to wear (what AM I going to wear??!), wondering why on earth you're running a marathon (who came up with that brilliant idea??!) and yet you start googling upcoming races. Life becomes very marathon focused, so to speak.

In my opinion this might be the hardest part of marathon training, the wait. It's a hard, frustrating and nervous wait but at this point you need to sit back, relax and have faith in all the training you've done. Everything you need is already inside you, so now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment