28 Dec 2012

I Run London

I love to run. Love.To.Run. For me running is freedom, happiness, therapy, childish joy.... but also blood, sweat and tears - and I love blood, sweat and tears. I'm not fast, but I'm persistent, stubborn, dedicated and passionate. One of the best moments in my life was when I crossed the finish line at this years Edinburgh Marathon and the clock said 03.59.54 I was exhausted, sweaty and sunburned (it was 25C and sunshine from a clearblue sky) but I had managed to fulfill my wish and reach my goal - to run a marathon under 4 hours. My friend Ross found me giggling with joy and on our way to the train that would take us back to Edinburgh I wanted to skip and not walk (which is very painful after a 42.2k race). Most people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them about how awesome and enjoyable it is to run for hours, but when you find someone that feels the same.... then it is a great day! This blog is not for those people who run or exercise just to be able to eat and extra chocolate bar (although that is an added bonus to running for hours), but for those of you who runs because running is freaking awesome! I Run London. Where do you run?

No comments:

Post a Comment