5 Jan 2013

You'll love it at some point!

This is how I felt both yesterday and on Thursday. On Thursday I was running intervals, and not any kind of intervals but the worst kind (for a Captain Slow like me) - 2 min intervals at 'high' speed. It was 10am, I hadn't had breakfast and just done an hours BodyPump. I struggled (and swore) a bit, and my leg didn't really feel all that good, my breahting was all over the place.... but I did all the six intervals I set out to do! I stepped of the treadmill feeling very tired and very happy. Yesterday I did 5k's at threshold pace, also after a 60 minute Body Pump session, and even if I wasn't as tired as the day before it is quite mentally tiring running at a constant pace which is higher that your comfort pace. I plugged in my iPod (well, iPhone), cranked up the volume and tried to diverse myself with music. It worked and I finished the 5k without any major problems. So, what's the morale of this story? You might not like running while you're at it, but you'll love it when you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment